Male Menopause also called andropause (the male version of menopause) is the lowering of “androgen” (male-type) hormone levels, DHEA, androstenedione and particularly, testosterone
Some signs and symptoms of lowered androgen levels and function are:
- Body fat increase, especially abdominal
- Concentration difficulty
- Erectile dysfunction and decreased libido
- Ambition and work performance decreases
- Memory loss
- Mood disturbances, including depression, fatigue, irritability and loss of stress tolerance
- Muscle size and strength decrease, and endurance decreases
- Blood glucose elevation and insulin resistance
- Restlessness and sleep difficulties
- Lack of energy
- Declining physical coordination and agility
- Cognitive decline (memory and concentration)
- Loss of self-esteem and altered states of well-being
- Skin changes (loose skin/wrinkles)
Before beginning testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), our doctors do a complete physical exam, medical history and appropriate blood testing including DHEA, Estrogen and PSA levels. Our physicians our involved in your hormone replacement therapy throughout your care and can also offer other alternatives.
Menopause is the stage in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The ovaries are the main source of female hormones that control the development of female body characteristics such as breasts, body shape and hair. The hormones also regulate the menstrual cycle and pregnancy.
Among the most common symptoms are:
- Irregular vaginal bleeding
- Hot flashes and night sweats likely due to a combination of biochemical and hormonal fluctuations caused by lower estrogen levels.
- Urinary symptoms: with the lower levels of estrogen this can lead to increased risk of urinary tract infection characterized by a more frequent need to urinate or leak urine. (Urinary incontinence)
- Other: irritability, memory problems, excessive sensitivity, constant fatigue, rapid changes in mood, etc.
Early detection of insufficient hormone levels thru the use of blood testing and thorough history and exam is the most important step in the prevention and treatment of hormonal related diseases. Call Alternative Health and Medical to schedule a consultation with one of our medical professionals today
Bio-identical hormone therapy delivers the right kind of hormone in the right amounts (based on testing & proper analysis of the results), using the right delivery system (pellets).
The pellets are completely natural bio-identical hormone replacement which may help with:
- Decreased body fat and greater capacity to get in shape
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Increased energy, focus, mental clarity and concentration-
- Increased sexual arousal and sex drive
- Increased bone density
- Works with your body 24/7
- No patches or creams
- Virtually No side effects and hassle-free
- Lasts up to six months
- Has been documented and researched in medical journals since 1939
HOW DO I RECEIVE MY TREATMENT?
The procedure is simple. Using a local anesthetic, the estrogen and testosterone pellets are individually placed painlessly under the skin in the hip or buttock area. From start to finish, it takes less than 5 minutes! Each implantation can last from four to six months.